Call to Artists: ARTpath
Deadline: March 15, 2018 at 11:59 PM
For the Summer of 2018, Lansing Art Gallery & Education Center will partner with the City of Lansing to bring temporary, site-specific art work to 10 sites along a 3.5 mile stretch of the Lansing River Trail which will stretch from the historic arts district of Old Town Lansing, through the Capital Complex of Downtown Lansing. An estimated 50,000 visitors will enjoy the River Trail during the duration of this project.
Artworks of all media are eligible including but not limited to: wheatpaste, moss art, fiber (i.e. yarn bombing), murals, projections, sound installations, light installations, paintings, sculpture, mixed media, photography, graphic design, and installations. For projections, film or specialty entries, accepted artists must provide AV equipment. Interactive work is encouraged.
Artists, teams or collectives will receive a stipend of $1000 for each work accepted. Artists, teams or collectives may submit work for multiple sites.
• Artists must be 18 years of age or older
• Artists may submit individual work in all media, including artwork designed for installation
• Artwork must be original in concept and design
• Artwork must be prepared in accordance with presentation guidelines
• Artwork must have been created within the past three years or created for this project
• Artwork may be created by an individual, a team or a collective