Arts Midwest invites organizations that contract artists/ensembles to perform in their own or in a community venue to apply to the Arts Midwest Touring Fund. Only one application per organization is accepted.
What you should know
- The Touring Fund supports engagements between July 1, 2018, and June 30, 2019.
- To be eligible, an application must meet four engagement requirements.
- A letter of intent or draft contract between the organization and the artist/ensemble is acceptable at the time of the application.
- No project budget is needed at the time of the application.
Application deadline: April 25, 2018
The 2018-2019 program guidelines and application form are now available.
- Awards are dependent upon available funds and demand within a state and will generally be up to 20% of the artist’s contract fee.
- Applications that quality as a community residency may be eligible for up to 25% of the artist’s contract fee.
- The maximum award is generally $4,000 with a minimum award of $500.
Support from the Arts Midwest Touring Fund must be used to offset the artist’s contracted fee and may not be used for other purposes or costs. These funds derive from Federal funds (CFDA #45.025 Promotion of the Arts_Partnership Agreements) from the National Endowment for the Arts.
- Allocations will be determined on a state-by-state basis until available funds for each state are depleted.
- All applications received by the deadline will be reviewed by program staff.
- An email confirmation will be sent within two weeks of the deadline indicating the details of the engagement or any questions we have before it proceeds to be reviewed for potential support. It is important to contact us if you don’t’ receive this confirmation.
- Geographic diversity will be considered.
Notification, Grant Agreement, and Reporting
All applicants will receive an email notification of award decisions in June 2018 following approval from Arts Midwest’s Board of Directors.
If selected, the applicant will enter into a Grant Agreement with Arts Midwest. The Grant Agreement will outline the terms and conditions, including Federal regulations, engagement requirements, and crediting requirements. Poor grants management, including insufficient or improper crediting, will affect the review of an organization’s future applications to the Arts Midwest Touring Fund. Grantees will be required to submit a final report within 30 days of their final activity.
For guidance concerning the content of your application or any technical difficulties, please contact Christy Dickinson, senior program director, at 612.238.8019 or firstname.lastname@example.org.