ORGANIZATION: Creative Many Michigan
LOCATION: Detroit, MI
POSITION TITLE: Office Manager
REPORTS TO: President and CEO
STATUS: Full-time Non-Exempt Position preferred; may consider Part-time Contractual Position
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Office Manager shall be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain all financial records including journals, ledgers, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and cash accounts; reconciliation of all accounts.
- Receipts: Assure timely deposit and recording of cash, accounts and pledge receipts and maintenance of cash account balances, generate accounts/pledge receivable invoices.
- Disbursements: Manage accounts payable system and generate checks (to take advantage of early pay discounts and avoid paying interest and late charges).
- Online Transactions: Monitor and record online donations, memberships and payments via PayPal, WordPress, Neon CRM, Shopify and other systems in use, and assist with related correspondence.
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships including resolving any problems with invoices, updating contact information, monitoring timely payments, etc.
- Coordinate with President and CEO and CPA in preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements and reports (using QuickBooks software) including balance sheet, profit and loss, and statement of activities budget to actual including budget narrative and year-to-date comparisons as may be requested by President and CEO.
- Assist in monitoring and updating monthly cash flow spreadsheet in coordination with President and CEO.
- Provide program and project specific financial reports as needed.
- Assist with financial reports for grant application/reporting purposes.
- Assist with preparation and completion of annual audit.
- Assist with maintaining financial filing system.
Tax Records and Filings Responsibilities
- Assist preparation and remit IRS Form 990 prepared by CPA if needed.
- Prepare forms and remit all payroll tax liabilities before deadlines in coordination with payroll service.
- Prepare and file annual 1099s to non-employee contract labor in coordination with CPA.
- Prepare and submit all other federal, state and local reports, filings, permits and other documents as may be required.
- Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll in conjunction with ADP and record payroll by program class allocations in QuickBooks.
- Monitor paid vacation, sick and other leave accrual and use.
- Assist with other Human Resources needs including benefits coordination, employment policy updates, maintaining employee files, or other items as may be needed.
Office Management Responsibilities
- Assist with ordering office supplies to support organizational needs if needed.
- Update membership/donor records in the Neon CRM database and assist with thank you correspondence.
- Assist with implementation and management of the Neon CRM.
- Assist with preparing board meeting packets for Board of Directors/Committee.
- Assist with general correspondence.
- Answer phone, open and distribute mail, and other general duties as may be requested.
This position is based at Creative Many’s Detroit office. Travel to Creative Many’s offices and other locations within Michigan may be required from time to time and will be reimbursed according to current IRS rates and with receipts or other supporting documentation. This is envisioned as a full-time non-exempt position but may be structured as a part-time contractual position if mutually agreeable.
Interested candidates should send resumes and cover letters to Jennifer Goulet, President and CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2018.