This year’s Break it Down | Make it Better was designed for you, by you. We have listened to your feedback and are putting together a day of captivating conversation about being an artist in 2018. From Advocating for City Investment in the Arts to Building an Arts Based Business, conversation topics were submitted by West Michigan artists, curators, art educators, venue coordinators and creative professionals.
Our day will include:
- The Keynote Panel – The Civic Life of an Artist | The Creative Life of the City
- 27 Sessions – including Roundtable Discussions, Workshops and Panels – Schedule announced on February 1st.
- Light breakfast and lunch from El Granjero – included in registration cost
Featured Panelists: The Civic Life of an Artist | The Creative Life of the City
Moderated by Jeffrey Augustine Songco
- Patricia Villalobos Echeverría – Artist, Professor of Art at Western Michigan University
- Stacy Stout – Assistant to the City Manager of Grand Rapids
- Zach Meers – Artist, Blight Abatement Artist Residency Program Manager for the City of Detroit
- Sarah Gonzales Triplett – Chair of the Arts Council of Greater Lansing, Director of Public Policy and Advocacy at Creative Many Michigan
- Joshua Solas – Kendall College of Art and Design, Illustration and Graphic Design Student
Break it Down | Make it Better is a series of events aimed at producing educational programming, discussions and professional development opportunities for artists, curators and venue coordinators in the West Michigan community and region. These programs are presented through an ongoing partnership with the Dwelling Place/ Avenue for the Arts, Creative Many Michigan, and ArtPrize.
- $20 Early Bird Day Pass : January 16 – January 31st, 2018
- $30 Day Pass : February 1st- 20th, 2018
- $45 Day of Pass : February 23rd, 2018