National Arts in Education Week: September 9-15, 2018
National Arts in Education Week is an opportunity for individuals and organizations from all across the country to bring visibility to the importance of arts education in a strong, unified voice.
Join Creative Many as we connect Michigan to the National Arts in Education Week campaign led by Americans for the Arts. Add your voice to the groundswell of support for arts education in September!
- Add your personal story about the transformative power of the arts in education on social media.
- Use the hashtags #BecauseOfArtsEd and #ArtsMeanMore to be included in both national and state campaign efforts.
- Tag @Americans4Arts and @creativemany so we can share your posts
- Add a visual to your post by including a photo or video
- Sample messages + social media toolkit
- Share the importance of arts education with decision makers. (National and Michigan talking points)
- Encourage your city council, mayor, school board or statewide elected officials to pass a resolution acknowledging National Arts in Education Week (sample resolution)
- Send an op-ed to your local newspaper (sample op-ed)
- Host or join a National Arts Education Week event in your own community. Your event could be done in many creative ways or tap into the AFTA 5 Ways to Partner Packet for ideas.
- Use the National Arts in Education logo
- Add your event to the national events calendar